Telephone: 01709 291722
Facsimile: 01709 291788
Email: Click Here
What should I do if I can smell gas?
If you think you can smell gas there are five simple steps that you should take:
- Do not smoke or use any naked flames
- Do not operate any electrical devices or switches including light switches
- Do open windows and doors to ventilate the property
- Do isolate the incoming gas supply if possible
Call the Emergency Service Provider (ESP) that is responsible for providing the gas emergency service in your area:
- England, Scotland and Wales - call the National Gas Emergency Service on 0800 111 999
- Northern Ireland - call the Northern Ireland Gas Emergency Service: 0800 002 001
- Isle of Man - call Manx Gas Ltd: 0808 1624 444
- Guernsey - call Guernsey Gas Ltd: 01481 749000
- Jersey - call Jersey Gas Company Ltd: 01534 755555
All of these services are free and operate 24 hours a day, 365 days a year.
The gas emergency control label shown opposite should be affixed near to the primary meter or incoming gas isolation valve and should contain the number of the gas emergency service provider.